Welcome to Erato Ensemble. We are Vancouver’s professional art-song ensemble performing and commissioning new works since 2006!
Not your grandmother’s classical music, Erato’s performances range from beautiful to challenging to humorous to thought-provoking. Erato dares to be different; to show the public that skilled musicians can bring melodic new music to Vancouver and beyond!
Take a look at our 2017-18 Season!
Enter our Composition Contest!
Erato Ensemble is Vancouver’s professional art-song ensemble. We have been performing and commissioning new works since 2006!
Read the review our our performance of The Four Note Opera!
Our Next Concert:
February 10, 2018 at 8:00pm
The Orpheum Annex
- Stefan Hintersteininger – World Premieres based on the songs of 1950’s indie singer-songwriter Connie Converse & Molly Drake
- Cathy Berberian – Stripsody
- Peter Maxwell Davies – The Birdcage from Eight Songs for a Mad King
- John Cage – Aria with Fontana Mix
- Gustav Hoyer – Shenandoah
- David Storen – Toward A Point
- Jason Noble – Shadow Prism
- Ali Nader Esfahani – Sorrow A Daughter of Love
- Dorothea Hayley, soprano
- Melanie Adams, mezzo-soprano
- Will George, tenor
- Michael Park, piano
- Jeff Pelletier – flute
- Julie Begg – clarinet
- Stefan Hintersteininger – cello
- Larisa Lebeda – violin
- Stanton Jack – guitar